About The Project
Mealie is a self hosted recipe manager and meal planner with a RestAPI backend and a reactive frontend application built in Vue for a pleasant user experience for the whole family. Easily add recipes into your database by providing the url and Mealie will automatically import the relevant data or add a family recipe with the UI editor. Mealie also provides an API for interactions from 3rd party applications.
- 🔍 Smart search, mix & match of "quoted literal searches" and keyword search. Fuzzy search ("is it brocolli or broccoli?") is also available when using a Postgres database.
- 🏷️ Tag recipes with categories or tags for flexible sorting
- 🕸 Import recipes from around the web by URL
- 📱 Progressive Web App
- 📆 Create Meal Plans
- 🛒 Generate shopping lists
- 🐳 Easy setup with Docker
- 🎨 Customize your interface with color themed layouts
- 🌍 localized in many languages
- ➕ Plus tons more!
- Flexible API
- Raw JSON Recipe Editor
- Migration from other platforms
- Nextcloud Cookbook
- Copy Me That
- Tandoor Recipes
- Random meal plan generation
- Advanced rule configuration to fine tune random recipes
See the Frequently Asked Questions page
Contributions are what make the open source community such an amazing place to learn, develop, and create. Any contributions you make are greatly appreciated. See the Contributors Guide for help getting started.
If you are not a coder, you can still contribute financially. Financial contributions help me prioritize working on this project over others and help me to know that there is a real demand for project development.